A virus on a workstation in your business can hamper productivity. Likewise, a virus on your personal computer can prevent you from paying bills, relaxing online, or doing your shopping. Here’s a brief rundown of my recommendations to avoid these problems in your business and home.
- Install and configure Microsoft Forefront Client Security. (Demonstrations are available on Microsoft’s site)
- Companies with many computers may want to consider adding the central management server. The management server will enable you to immediately check the health of your environment.
- Configure Network Access Protection. If a computer is not receiving its antivirus updates, it will not be allowed on your internal network to avoid the spreading of a virus. This will isolate the problem to a single computer and avoid any additional lost productivity.
- Install and configure Microsoft Security Essentials. This is a free solution from Microsoft and outperforms many paid antivirus/antimalware programs.
- Remove any old antivirus and antimalware applications that you may have installed. Leaving these programs in place can cause conflicts and slow down your computer.
Configuring a successful antivirus and antimalware solution is critical to your home and business. If you’re unsure of how to fully protect your computers, I’ll be happy to perform the service for you. Give me a call or email for a free estimate.